Thursday, March 10, 2016

When God Provides

When God Provides.



This week John and I wanted to say "Thank You" to some wonderful Foundations that have been so helpful to us in this difficult time. When faced with this kind of situation you can never be prepared. You find yourself terrified of where you will stay while your spouse is in the hospital, how are you going to pay for lodging, food, gasoline, the things that are needed while away from home. 
I will have to say that it was slightly foolish of me to even be scared of God not providing for me. Within two weeks of being in the hospital God provided help through some wonderful Organizations.

    The first one that I want to talk about is the Hubble Foundation. This Foundation was founded by Dr. Bridgette Hester. She started the foundation in honor of  her husband Jonce Hubble, who was killed in a tower failure. She is one of the kindest human beings that I have ever had the pleasure of talking to. She got in touch with me during the first week of John's hospital stay. She sent us a check to help with the daily needs and to save some for any needs that may arise. Although the donation was wonderful, her personal investment and interest was what made the biggest impact on me. John and I called to thank her the other night and spent close to a half hour on the phone with her. We had a wonderful conversation and she continues to be an encouragement and a blessing to us in so many ways! We are looking forward to being a help to her in any way that we can. 

The next Foundation that reached out to us is the Tower Family Foundation. They are a much larger foundation working with most all the major cellular companies. They have an application that you fill out and it asks about what kind of injuries has the worker incurred and then they speak to the employer and the doctors to insure that it isn't a fraud. They then send the application to the board and decide if they will send you a check. They will send up to 10,000 dollars depending on the severity of the injuries. This money is to help with the daily expenses and bills during the time before workers compensation kicks in. Along with the check that they sent us the founder sent a hand written letter saying that himself and the other members of the board were praying for John and myself. What an encouragement and blessing to know that people from all over the world are praying for you. 

The last place I want to touch on is the Burn Council. This non-profit works with  St. Joseph Hospital to help family members of patients in the Burn Unit. They offer in-house lodging for family members of patients that will be spending an unknown amount of time in the Unit. I was able to stay there for a month and not have to worry about where I would be staying at night. It is fully equipped with 4 bedrooms with a keypad on each room, a common bathroom, a kitchen, washer, dryer, and a full living room. Also it has a computer incase you  don't have a way to keep in contact with people. I stayed there for a full month! It was beyond a blessing. They also left another room open for John's parents for when they came out and stayed with me. 

Its amazing to me that God has taken such good care of us. He has beyond provided for us and shown us time and again that He loves us even when we are our most unloveable. He has continued to make sure that we are taken care of and showing us His love daily. He has used His people to show us that nothing is impossible and we should never doubt that He has our best interest at heart. 

I would also like to give a little personal update about John and myself. We are doing extremely well! His phantom pain is subsiding for the most part, which is a huge blessing! He has been wearing his new prosthetic leg for about a month and a half and he is getting around with no problems!! He absolutely amazes me every single day! We have talked at length about me working and we both feel that returning to work isn't something I should be doing. He still needs a driver because of his prosthetic. So I am his chauffeur for work and any doctor appointments or prosthetic appointments. Please continue to pray for us as he learns to drive with his prothesis. I am sure that he will excel with little to no problems, but prayer doesn't hurt anything! 

Thank you so much for your continued prayer and support for us! We cannot begin to express our love for you all! We hope that our life is an example of God's love! If anyone ever needs to talk or needs some encouragement please feel free to message me.
I would love to help or be of some encouragement. If nothing else I will be able to tell you that with complete certainty that God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment